Sunday, July 27, 2008

inspiration

yesterday, sitting at the first baby shower Ive been to in like 20 years where there wasnt a hand quilted gift for the new baby in the bag signed: cindy I felt less than. I should have bucked up and made cheree a quilt, I know her mom was looking for one, I made one for her first grandchild, crazy Bennie's kid, but I just couldnt get moving on this one. Blame it on the marathon of quilts I had to make in the last few weeks, blame it on my renewed obsession for all things knitted, blame it on laziness or worrying about the brca1 gene that my husband has been tested for, but at any rate, there was a boppy and a bib and a couple bobby covers in the bag. and a promise. For the quilt, to be finished when the baby comes, so I can put her name/birthdate/weight on it.

and, at the shower I got some inspiration. Her bedding pattern is covered in lilac butterflies and flowers, and as I sat looking at it I wanted to run home and make a dozen three dimensional butterflies to applique on the quilt ( the one I havent started, but no matter, I will). So, yesterday slipped away, but today I will get up there and make those butterflies! Im already seeing the fabric beads I will make for the bodies, the fused leaves, the gossamer centers. YAY!

I'm back!

No comments: