Friday, July 11, 2008

fabric scraps

has it really been since April that I posted on this blog? I surely havent been idle with my threads and fabrics, so i have to wonder why Ive not been writing. oh well, Im back , scraps on the mind. I have recently finished 2 string quilts. For some reason I love making them. one was for cousin connies granddaughter, all pinks . the other is for a friend of my oldest daughters. Taresa usually picks intricate patterns for the quilts I make for her, but this time she said "I like those string quilts you do, make one of those please?"

No problem!

and now i am working on a attic window baby quilt for a friend of my other daughter. the daddy of this baby is a sports nut so I am placing sports pix in the windows. Ill probably do 9 windows in the middle and then border it with different polka dot fabrics. should be pretty.

and, I just got a remake request from an old friend. i made her daughter (now 4) a quilt covered in purple flannel stars when she was pregnant. apparently this is "THE BLANKET" and is starting to show its age. so, I am lucky enough to have some of the fabric left -- see, there is a reason to keep the stash -- and will be putting another one together for her before school starts again.

In between I made youngest daughter 3 pretty summer dresses, a few pillows and various other little pieces. I love sewing!!!

and Im knitting.. oh my am I knitting.....

No comments: